View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 06:33 PM   #2
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

EVO is a really rich food and is probably not the best to switch from a low quality food like Bil Jac to. EVO was also recently bought out by Proctor & Gamble (Iams, etc) so a lot of people are unsure what will happen to the food and if it's trustworthy anymore...

Currently, Champion Pet Foods is pretty much the top food to feed. They make Orijen and Acana! Acana is a bit lower protein (33 percent) but still very high in meat content and a really great food all around. Orijen & Acana would def. be my #1 choice. But there are many others, such as Fromm, Nature's Variety, Go! Endurance, Wellness, etc. I know Petsmart has now starting selling Wellness which is a huge step up!

Taste of the Wild is another great food that is really cost efficient. I think around here it's about $10 for a 5-6lb bag and their ingredient list is really great for the price. It's manufactured at Diamond Food Plant and some are iffy about it because they used to use ethoxyuin (sp?) but they no longer do! I personally like TOTW and would feed it if I was not feeding Acana.

Last edited by Britster; 10-15-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!