View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 09:17 AM   #6
107barney
T. Bumpkins & Co.
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinniedoggy View Post
107Barney, thanks so much for your response. It is very reassuring. Alex has undergone food elmination diets and they failed to reveal any specific food allergy. He has undergone skin testing and was confirmed to be allergic to several environmental allergens (several different kinds of molds, trees, weeds, and grasses). So, it is quite definitive that his allergies are environmental and not food related.

But your experience with Atopica is reassuring - the allergists office definitely was in favor of giving Atopica a try while we wait for the allergy shots to kick in. Alex does show some benefit from the Zyrtec, but it's minimal. Nonetheless, the allergist's office is fairly confident that we will see some benefit from the allergy shots. It's a time-consuming regimen (at least it was in the beginning when I was giving the poor little guy shots every other day), but now that we're on our maintenance dose (one shot each week), I can see a light at the end of the tunnel.

I go to the allergist's office tomorrow to pick up some more prednisone and they are going to give me some information about Atopica.

Based on your experience, how long did it take to see benefits from Atopica?

Thank you!!!

Hi Andrea,
It's been a while but I want to say it was days and not weeks or months that we saw improvement. She stopped biting and scratching almost right away but it took a bit before her hair stopped falling out of her nose and around her eyes. I use the Neoral solution for her (0.11 ml/day is her dose and she is 7.5-8 lbs on average). We order from Vetcentric and they autofill the Rx for us and they have been pretty good. I think the cost is about $63 plus shipping for a 50-day supply.

Yes I really do think the atopica has been great for Daisy and I was at the end of my rope 5 years ago - it was a battle that was so frustrating. I wish you good luck
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!