View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 04:14 AM   #6
Twitterpate
Yorkie Yakker

Cool Responsible breeders do it differently....

I cannot believe that people still will ship animals this way, and I was so sorry to hear of this story. Of course, "people" is used loosely in this comment, as there are other things I would call someone that runs one of these operations.

However, I can tell you that sometimes you do buy dogs sight unseen. I bought my last German Shepherd pup this way, and he is a joy to have. I had searched throughout my surrounding states and could not find exactly what I was looking for. After much research and several valued recommendations, I found a breeder in Connecticut. I was required to complete an interview on the web, then further interviews between us by phone, as well as a webcam conference. The breeder then recommended which pup from the litter would be the best fit for our family at the time, after contacting my vet for a reference check. From the very beginning it was understood that I would be required to pay for a first class ticket for my pup on an airline that had facilities for his crate in the seating section of the plane, and that he would ONLY be ticketed for a non-stop flight. The closest terminal for this was Greenville SC, about a 2 hour drive from my home.

Due to her diligence, he arrived on time, safe and sound, alert, with food and water intact in his crate and I suspect given treats during the flight by the attendants watching over him...lol. Yes, it cost me. Was it worth it? Every penny.
Twitterpate is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!