View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 10:59 AM   #26
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandydaniel View Post
So I just called the breeder simply to tell her what went down. She got angry and started yelling IMMEDIATELY upon me even slightly attempting to put the blame on her. She continuously stated that the giardia and coccidia were contracted AT the vet during our initial check up which was 72 hours after we picked her up from the breeder.

She says that she treats ALL of her puppies with giardia medicine for 10 days prior to selling them.. And she continues to say that the incubation period for giardia and coccidia can be 48 hours.. (she was just yelling and talking really fast and would cut me off if I tried to say something as well.. which made me think that she was simply trying to shove random facts down my throat to make me second guess my vet and what not) which is funny because how would she know when a puppy was going to be sold?

She also said that she does stool tests for giardia and coccidia on ALL of her pups.. Which again raises another question.. Can a breeder be doctoring puppies? Such as having all of these medicines on hand (she specifically stated to me that she has every medicine on hand and available so that if we ever have another emergency to call her before going to the vet) because to me that seems like illegal practicing.

Another interesting thing is that she says that she is a "rescue" house as well.. as in she takes in dogs from other people who just can't handle raising the dog. Which struck an alarm in my mind in terms of her bringing in random dogs that might be carrying coccidia and giardia into the home while all of her pups are there.

In all honesty, she seems like a very legitimate breeder. I'm just a bit taken back that she is 100% sure that the dog got all of these problems AFTER she came to our home (even though she's been here for a mere 11 days..). She also continued to reiterate the fact that "when the puppy left my care she was the most beautiful and healthy puppy ever". Thats great and all but of course she had to be a beautiful and healthy puppy or else you wouldn't have been able to sell it to us in the first place..

I'm going through an emotional ride from stress and anxiety to now anger and frustration that there is such a lack of integrity within the dog world. I for sure will never recommend this breeder to anyone in the Bay Area and if you would like to know who the breeder is, just shoot me a PM.
You're breeder is for lack of a better word "untruthful". As stated by Lola, send her copy of the lemon laws stand your ground. The breeder is responsible for the vet costs. Contract or not, law overrides contract.

I'm on my way to a dog show, but will be home Sunday evening. PM me with your # and walk you through what you should do.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!