View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 10:29 AM   #12
Therapy Yorkie
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Yes, I know all about how to search for a good breeder. They do teach us a little bit about genetic diseases in vet school. I know you probably say this to everyone who comes here looking and mentions wanting a puppy, but I know perfectly well what to look for in a good breeder AND in a good puppy. I know that not every breeder on here is going to be a good one and I am definately knowledgeable enough to know what to look for. I know better than to buy from a pet store because I know where they come from and I have seen the problems it causes those dogs - FIRST HAND.

I have considered rescue but I have decided that is not what I really want from my next dog. I am interested in participating in AKC events with my new puppy (hopefully either agility or obedience). I definately want a puppy so that I can begin training her my way as soon as I get her. I am definately greatful to everyone who participates in Yorkie rescue (we have a rescue labrador now, my second rescue lab. So I partipate in rescue as well).
Therapy Yorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!