View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 03:55 AM   #14
YorkieProud
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKIGIRL10 View Post
Questions

<--- Meet Suki =]

1. Suki came along with papers stating she was a pure breed. Her family tree says that her family line came from blk/tan & blk/gld ancestors. My thought process was that since her ancestors were blk/tan & blk & gld she would remain those colors. Now she's 3 months old and i've notice some silver outgrowth. Does that mean she will be a silver/blue yorkie?

2. Her papers came along with her parents reg no. & I was wondering if there's a possibility I can track down her parents to see pictures and health history.

3. When I adopted Suki she had an inguinal surgery. My best friend has a Pomeranian who is unneutured and the same age as suki (both purchased at the same time ) Although I don't plan on breeding suki is it hazardous for her to have puppies when she had the inguinal surgery?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post & I hope you can answer my questions. =]

Welcome to YT. I am not a breeder but I did find some information about inguinal hernias in dogs and from what I have read it is a genetic default that can be passed on to future litters. Along with many other reasons why she should not be bred, this is definitely a red flag as to why she should never be allowed to have puppies. The safest way to prevent her from getting pregnant is to plan a spay. There are many wonderful breeders here whom I feel will tell you the same. I have provided a link for you to read on inguinal hernias. Good luck with your new baby.

www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2+2090&aid=442

YorkieProud
YorkieProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!