View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 11:04 PM   #2
TaylorWoods
Senior Yorkie Talker

Confused I am very disturbed by this article :(

I have just found out that from September 2010 it is compulsory for breeders to chip their puppies and registered dogs in South Africa. This is something I will have to research and speak to KUSA about too because I am not sure of all the facts yet. But, I was supposed to have my female when she had her last injections but the vet told me to wait until she's a little bit bigger so I was planning on having her done this month but now I am terrified

Of course like all people on this site, my Yorkie is my whole world and I would find in difficult to forgive myself for causing something so terrible.

When she had her last 2 injections she came up with a lump between her shoulder blades. The first time I took her back to the vet to have an eye infection treated and he looked at the lump and said he wasn't worried about it and it was a type of hemotoma from the injection. It disappeared after about 2 weeks. When she had her final injection though it reappeared and is still there since January. I wasn't worried about it and it has gotten smaller but this morning this article just really concerned me. If that is how she reacts to her rabies injection and innoculations then how will she react to her microchip and will I be responsible for possibly causing her cancer?

Thanks for your article - I think I will discuss this with my local vet and do some private research as well.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!