View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 11:15 PM   #15
ZoeSirasMom
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by miabellaamoure View Post
Thanks for the links! It appears right now while it's an open case, these dogs will all remain at the SPCA as "evidence" until the case is probably over.
In the mean time, the SPCA is in desperate need of "puppy food", "toys", "bedding" & "cleaning supplies"!

Welcome to Solano County SPCA

Updates regarding the dogs and puppies (100 in total) seized from California Pets and Supply which are now being housed and cared for at the SPCA of Solano County shelter:

Specific needs as of December 26th:
-- Cage bowls (small food bowls that attach to the inside of a cage)
-- Toys and chews (small, long pork hyde chews)
-- 32 gallon plastic trash cans

Please also see the items listed below.

HOURS:
The shelter will be open Monday - Wednesday from 11:00 AM until 4:00 PM for donations only.

The shelter is normally open Thursday and Friday from 12:00 Noon until 6:00 PM and on Saturday and Sunday from 11:00 AM until 5:00 PM for donations and adoptions.

Please note the shelter will be open on Thursday, Dec 31st from 12:30 until 3:30 PM, and will be closed on New Year's Day.

Also, in light of recent events the SPCA of Solano County will be offering the following classes
Jan 23:
Responsible Puppy Adoption and Rescue 11:00 AM until 1:00 PM
How to find a responsible puppy breeder, shelter or rescue organization.

Jan 23:
Everything Else Puppy 1:30 PM until 3:30 PM
Rasing a happy, healthy puppy.

Please e-mail volunteer@solanospca.com to reserve a place in either (or both) classes.

Message from David Roth, President, SPCA of Solano County

As President of the SPCA of Solano County, I have been asked to make an official statement concerning the arrest of Christopher John Derek Ellis and Leeamma Rachelle Kamp for charges of animal cruelty and illegal operation of online lotteries. The confisicated animals are now in our care and custody. At this time the puppies are in quarantine and under staff and veterinarian's care. Unfortunately at this time NO OTHERS will be allowed to view them. This is for the protection of the public as well as the puppies.

I would like to take this opportunity to praise the employees and volunteers of SPCA and Humane Animal Services (HAS), the DA's office, local Vets, law enforcement and all others involved in facilitating such a rapid response.

This is the largest number of animals the SPCA has taken in any one day since the poodle rescue some 10 years ago. That event disabled us to the point we were temporarily unable to provide the services those animals so desperately needed and deserved. With this increased pet population will come an extreme drain on our current resources so we appeal to everyone for any donations possible be it monetary or in goods such as puppy food, blankets, towels or kenneling materials. Our very little new additions need our help and SPCA is here to serve them for as long as they need us -- but we cannot do it without the community's support.

The shelter is still in full operational mode with a huge overload right now so please be patient and understanding with the staff.

Thank you in advance for your kind contributions. All donations can be made at the SPCA at 2200 Peabody Road, Vacaville, CA 95687. Monetary donations can also be made through PayPal by using the "Make a Donation" button on our Donations page.

Message from Amy Peterson, Shelter Manager, SPCA of Solano County

The community support has been tremendous! Thank you to everyone that has already donated -- we can not tell you how appreciative we are. Currently we have all of the dogs and puppies (100 in total) seized from California Pets and Supply. At this time we are going through about 40lbs of puppy food a day! We are also in need of puppy/dog toys and paper towels. The following is a list of other things that we need for the care of these dogs. Monetary donations for medical care are also appreciated and can be made on the website through PayPal.

We are in need of:

Cleaning Supplies

-Simple Green

-Bleach

-scrub Brushes

-sponges

-Newspaper with shiny ads removed

-Large Trash bags

-latex or non-latex gloves

-shop vac

-Newspaper with the shiny ads removed

Puppy Care

-Blankets, towels, sheets, etc.

-carpet squares

-puppy shampoo

-puppy food Kirkland from Costco or Healthwise from Western Ranch 448-6568

-Puppy toys (used is fine as long as they are clean)

-food and water dishes, preferably that can clip to the side of a kennel

-water bottles (generally used for rabbit cages)

-Polar Fleece (we use it to make toys)

Other

-Heating pads

-Laundry Detergent

-Dish Soap

-crates/kennels of any size

Gift certificates to any Pet store, Costco or Sam’s Club are also appreciated.

Solano County SPCA
2200 Peabody Road Vacaville, CA 95687
Ph: (707) 448-7722 Fax: (707) 448-8291

I dont live there, but having spent my Christmas, birthday & New Years in California & having had such a great trip & experience with the people in particular of San Diego....I want to pay it forward & donate to Solano County SPCA. So on that note I hope my $ can provide heating pads, dish soap & laundry detergent, water, blankets, ect.....

Join today and remove this ad!