Thread: Lens Hood?
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 08:13 PM   #6
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by browniesmom622 View Post
It does work a little But i really don't use mine often.
Same here...I honestly have probably used a hood maybe 10-15 times?

That said, not sure if we've covered this....and this IS important actually and I've only just thought of it - but you should really *always* have a lens FILTER on your lens...a protective (ie, UV for example) filter that threads on the end of your lens to protect the glass....

...No biggie if you ever damage a filter but *oh crap* if you damage or scratch your lens glass !

So, how do you know WHAT FILTER SIZE YOU NEED? Example - take the Nikkor/Nikon 50mmNikkor/Nikon 50mm prime lens --> if you scroll down on that lens description, you will see "FILTER SIZE 52mm" - that is the filter size you would need - and here is a basic "protection filter"here is a basic "protection filter" you could get for it....

A whole 'nother subject...but you can also get other filters like this basic kitthis basic kit , or this close-up filter kitclose-up filter kit , or just put in "52mm filter" on Amazon...and you'll see a whole list, just as an example of what is available in the 52mm size...

Keep in mind different filters fit different lenses!

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!