View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 10:36 AM   #7
Ice Lady
Senior Yorkie Talker

This is an interesting point. Personally, I think that dogs are a lot more intelligent than we give them credit for. Here is a little antidote to demonstrate my point.

My little Sugar Princess, who will be 15 yrs old in 6 weeks, has ridden in my semi with me for her whole life. In all the years that she has been with me she has never once chewed up a bill of lading. But, she will take an envelope out of my purse and shred it, she shreds kleenex and paper towels every chance she gets. A newspaper or magazine, well it's party time! I always know when she is angry with me because she shreds the garbage. Yes, she can open a step-on can. When she shreds and spreads the garbage all over, she gives me a look that says "You have made me angry. This is YOUR punishment." I don't know how she can tell the difference between bills of lading and other papers, as the bills of lading are printed on regular bond paper.

Co-incidentally, I had a vet, years ago, that told me that a dog that spent a great deal of time with humans would develop intelligence levels equivelant to that of a 6 year old child. I tend to believe this after all my years with Sugar.

Have a Great Day!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!