View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 10:01 AM   #14
redvalaria
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkie View Post
Sad for the owners. How dare the police take their dogs? I would be livid if such a thing happened to me.

As there was no conclusive evidence of physical abuse by either party, I feel the cops were trying to teach this couple a lesson by making it harder for them to get out (Both in jail thus harder for one spouse to bail the other one out.) Take the dogs and make them possibly have to pay to get all 6 out of the humane society after paying bail for two people. Fine for being over the limit, too. Possibly the cop might get lucky and the owners might not be able to come up with the money to get the dogs after paying bail leaving six beautiful Yorkies up for adoption. It would have been much easier to have one of the two go to a friend's house for the remainder of the night.

Lesson learned: Never let the police inside your home. If they knock on your door, go out the back, locking the door behind you, and meet them out front making them show a warrant. Make sure your animals are secured inside.

Wow.

First, you have obviously never suffered through a relationship that went to ugly places or you would NOT have suggested just sending one of them to a friends house. they said they couldn't determine who the aggressor was. so, what if they pick the wrong one? A man or woman who is battered then locked up? and at the mercy of their batterer to bail them out? Yeah, not a GREAT idea.

Second, if you are right with the law, they are generally right with YOU. If there is an ordinance in their town saying 3 dogs, max, then by violating this, they CHOSE their own path. I am fine with people flouting the laws, just so long as they are prepared to pay for it if they get caught.

Third, the police were GOOD enough to be worried about the yorkies. that there were 6 of them, and that the couple may or may not get released in time to take care of the needs of their animals shows that the police were being proactive in protecting not only the welfare of the humans in the house, but of the animals as well.

I say YEAH for those cops, whoever they were.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!