View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 06:04 AM   #12
pfranson
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenna View Post
I am sad to see there is ANOTHER large kennel like this! I hope she does NOT get these dogs back. She is in way over her head to take care of that many dogs. And they said there are more being born every day.

I pray the judge does the right thing!
The judge (Johnny Perry, if you are looking to add to your Christmas Card list) ruled that she must forfeit all of the dogs. He ordered her to reimburse the HSUS and UAN for the cost of running the temporary shelter. He also ordered that any of the dogs that the Vets agreed (it takes 2 to agree) to euthanize be given that relief (thankfully, I think there is, maybe, 4-5 out of the 550+ dogs), and that *ALL* of the dogs be spayed or neutered as soon as possible.

She kept referring to the dogs as her "inventory" and "assets" during the trial, and Judge Perry mentioned that as he looked over the Tax records she entered into evidence, he didn't see any valuation of "inventory", so she may want to have a talk with a tax attorney. Given this ruling, she'll never own a dog again.

Just to give you an idea of what this place was like, I overheard one of the vets (Dr. O'Bryan from Tyler, a truly GREAT man) talking to one of the techs. She asked if it was true that none of the dogs tested positive for heartworm. He said that yes, it was true, and he wasn't surprised. The environment at the ranch was so bad, that it was unfit for mosquito larvae. Can you imagine how contaminated a place must be that it can't sustain mosquitos?
pfranson is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!