View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 01:19 PM   #1
UmbeandYudi
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Post [News] PRAIRIEVILLE, Texas - 600 Dogs seized in Kaufman Co.

600 dogs Seized in Kaufman Co.

The majority of them are Chihuahuas, poodles and other small-breed dogs.
The Humane Society and sheriff’s deputies seized almost 600 dogs and about 15 cats Tuesday afternoon from a suspected puppy mill in Kaufman County.

The society said it started investigating the kennel, which is located near Prairieville just north of Mabank, when someone came to them asking for dog food donations. Representatives visited and found poor living conditions and malnourished dogs.

See the conditions for yourself. Watch the second clip in the video player.

The animals seized Tuesday were examined to determine which ones needed medical attention.

Representatives said most of the dogs were living in their own waste and many were under fed. Three dogs died after being rescued and several others have skin or foot conditions.

The majority of them are Chihuahuas, poodles and other small-breed dogs (That means Yorkies).

Deputies said kennel owner, 72-year-old Margaret Boyd, faces animal cruelty charges.

Boyd told FOX 4 she is fighting to get the animals back. A court hearing is scheduled for Friday and both she and the Humane Society plan to ask for custody of the animals.

"If loving the animal is a criminal, then maybe I'm a criminal," she said. "Because I work 6 o'clock in the morning until 11:30 at night taking care of these animals."

Hear more from Boyd. Watch FOX 4 reporter Fil Alvarado's story in the video player.

Prairieville is about 50 miles southeast of Dallas.

600 Dogs, Cats Seized in Kaufman Co.

I hope each and every one of the dogs will find a loving home!
UmbeandYudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!