View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 04:43 PM   #9
zoeybellesmom
YorkieTalk Newbie!

This is so sad, and I hate to hear it . . . I hate even more that I am going through a similiar situation, but my puppy is still alive, and I continue to pray that she will get better. I purchased a small Yorkie, 1.9 lbs, from a breeder in Amsterdam, MO, about 4 weeks ago, my Zoey Belle, and I love her to death. Well, the night I hot her home she had a cough. I took her to the vet near my home for her wellness examination and to activate the one-year health guarantee she received. I told the vet about the cough, and she was given an injection, and a 7-day course of Clavamax. Well, her cough hasn't gotten better. The vet gave her some puppy Robitussin in tablet form which were hard me to get her to take, and then we gave her Children's Dimetapp. Well, the cough didn't go away. So, I took her to another vet for a second opinion and x-ray and to rule-out collapsed trachea as I read much about it. She was diagnosed with bronchitis caused by being given the Kennel Cough vaccination too early. She got a steroid injection and a 7-day course of Baytril. Her cough had gotten worse, and I noticed that her breeding is very labored, and she won't eat. I rushed her back to the vet today. She got a check x-ray and has been found to have pneumonia in one of her lungs. I was so hurt and sad and sobbed in the vets office. He gave her Doxycycline and kept her overnight. She has a guarded prognosis. I am so worried, and just keep praying and praying. I will call at 8 AM to see how she is. The kicker of all of this is that the breeder's phone number has been changed/disconnected. I've called everyday since the first diagnosis of the bronchitis and cannot find him. It's so upsetting. I am just praying that she will recover and come out okay . . .
zoeybellesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!