View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 11:28 AM   #7
tammy8833
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

i agree that there are problems with the breeder
that puppy was too little to go at such a young age, and should have only been getting her first vaccination

but unless the other dogs in her facility had parvo than its not right to say it was the breeders fault. the owner took her back and forth from her place to her parents and we dont know where else, who touched her, where she played. parvo is contractible and it was possible she contracted it once she left. the puppy should have stayed in her home until all the vaccines were received or even better stay at the breeders longer. at 1lb i can help but think her immune system wasnt prepared for the outside world and new owners. i dont remeber if there was a time line from when the other puppy was there, but its possible that her first puppy carried the disease on her property too.

but i do believe the breeder has some negilence involved.

i wouldnt expect the breeder to give a full refund but maybe 1/2 back in cash or a puppy with 1/2 off the price..once the home was cleaned and time had passed.....but then i, as a caring breeder, wouldnt feel comfortable sending another puppy her way because the chance of parvo.

very very sad story though!

Last edited by tammy8833; 06-25-2009 at 11:32 AM.
tammy8833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!