View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 02:09 PM   #12
TammyJM
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
Who knows...might not be true...or might be. The lesson learned is that the very first thing to do if you lose a pup is post signs everywhere!!! I also believe you post a reward. Whether it sends a message or not is not the point..you want your pup back! People will steal them and sell them to someone....so why not offer a reward that will be more than they will get by selling him/her??? Think about that!
As for the auto running. I used to travel a lot and have a remote start on my SUV. I believe it was MS that did not allow pets in the rest area buildings so I would lock my truck, set the alarm, start it with the remote and run in quickly.
Now going to dinner and leaving a pup in your car is ridiculous...I agree.
The main reason I posted this story was because of the signs...that is an excellent message. Most people start running around aimlessly looking for a pup that is on the run. Run and post signs at the same time so that if he/she is seen someone might see the sign and call!
Very good point! When our Harley was lost, we were the ones that drove around looking for him....we were so upset that we didn't even take the time to put signs out with our number. Lucky for us, we found him that evening. But yes, I do agree with you about posting fliers.
TammyJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!