View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 09:57 AM   #11
shawnzeppi
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieWalker View Post
I've been on both sides of this story: I've traveled with my dog and I've been a flight attendant. I agree, the airlines raised their prices to ridiculous amounts which kept me from taking my dog on any trips. As a former flight attendant I can honestly say, that I've never had a dog disturb any of my flights. Other than the fact, that I didn't get any work done because I wanted to play with the dog And I always allowed the owner to take the dog out of the kennel, if it was o.k. with the passengers next to them. But, unfortunately there are flight attendants that are just plain mean or like to throw the rule book at anybody they can. I think, any dog lover will bend the rules at the appropriate times.
You are my kind of flight attendant! But I guess I've been stuck with the kind that do everything "by the book" as you suggest, even when my old Yorkie used to bark incessantly if I did not let him stick his head out to see what was going on around him. There were times when I have had no choice except to fly with my Yorkie (being relocated due to work for a 6 month assignment). One of these was a cross-country flight; the other was only a 1000 miler. The evil attendant on my return from the west coast with Pippin taught me to not take any chances.

Too bad not all attendants are/were as thoughtful as you. The evil lady had this asinine story about allergies. Total crap. A Yorkie really does not shed any more than a person, and they are tiny. I was on a flight recently with an army bomb sniffing German Shepard hogging all the floor space (in a window isle of course). I did not mind sitting next to the handler and his dog at all being a dog lover and appreciating that these people and animals are doing for us,, however, if you were allergic to pet hair, I think a 140 Shepard would be a little more problematic than a 5 lb Yorkie, and there is no carrier for the Shepard in the cabin!
shawnzeppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!