View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 05:51 PM   #8
shawnzeppi
YT Addict

The prices the airlines charge are outrageous for pets traveling under the seat. I have always maintained that for pets under the seat, they should charge no more than for an extra bag at the most. In fact, a small dog like a Yorkie weights considerably less than a bag, so even that would be a good deal for the airline.

And you do have to be careful of flight attendants that will yell at you if you have a barker that just wants to at least stick its head out of the carrier. I have head some very stupid excuses why that is problematic, but the best thing to do is to get a window seat and "read" the news paper (blocking the flight attendant’s view). After I learned a lesson, I no longer take any chances. I have usually found the folks sitting next to me are fine with it and will assist in keeping the flight attendants from getting too nosy. This way, everyone wins - the flight attendants are doing their job, and you are stopping your dog from barking so the fellow passengers don't have to suffer through the barking, and your Yorkie is not scared.
shawnzeppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!