View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 11:49 AM   #7
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiedaze View Post
I suppose the government is being paid billions by the countries shipping things into our country, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to me why the food and drug adm. can actually be so particular on our own products and yet let anything come in from other countries without a second look. Well yes, it "does" make sense............money, and it looks very much like it's more important than lives.
It's not clear from the article if any of the vaccines has been shipped to countries other than China where it was made. I don't believe our government makes money by allowing things to be shipped here, outside of import tax, or something of that nature. Our government makes way more money from companies who produce things in this country. Stores, on the other hand, in order to stay competitive, often seek out the lowest prices for a product; the same would be true of a company that sells the rabies vaccine to doctors. Just saying we can't blame our government for this. I think a product sold in this country does have to meet our standards.

Last edited by Nancy1999; 02-20-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Nancy1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!