View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 06:35 AM   #1
Lou
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Default [News] Delay in Bourbonnais dog mauling investigation

Because I said I would, I am posting the following as an update. Due to the general comments made about the first post I am hoping that we can travel in a different direction than arguing with each other. We all care very deeply about what happened.

Delay in Bourbonnais dog mauling investigation
Daily Journal, Kankakee, Illinois
01/25/2009, 10:43 am
By Lee Provost
lprovost@daily-journal.com
815-937-3364

Bourbonnais police on Friday had not yet interviewed the family regarding details of what transpired Monday afternoon when the family dog caused the death of their 3-week-old daughter.
Police Lt. Greg Kunce said Friday that the family had not returned to their home in the 1600 block of Sunridge Drive since the incident. Like the police, the Kankakee County Animal Control staff is also waiting to talk to the family. The Siberian husky that caused the death of Olivia Rozek remains at the shelter.
"We are kind of sitting in a holding pattern," Kunce said.
The family's second dog has been taken to a family member in southern Illinois, he said.
Staff members of the Illinois Department of Children & Family Services completed a home survey Thursday and reported they didn't find anything out of the ordinary, Kunce said. Investigators from the agency's Kankakee office apparently conducted an interview with the parents, but attempts by The Daily Journal to confirm this were unsuccessful.
The baby and her twin were lying on their mother's bed at about 5:45 p.m. Monday while the mother was in the kitchen preparing supper.
The 32-year-old mother heard a baby cry and then saw the 4-year-old male dog walk into the hallway with the baby in its mouth. The baby was taken to the Provena St. Mary's Hospital emergency room and then airlifted to Loyola Medical Center in Maywood where she was pronounced dead at 11:55 p.m.

Gracie Skeeter Adie Tyler
Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!