View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 08:29 AM   #7
yorkiesmiles
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Angry

It is so hard for me to understand how anyone in Central Iowa can be still walking in the doors of this place. This one news station has done at least 7 stories in the last 10 mths on this place. Some people never watch the news I guess, or always a different station. I know at least one other station has covered the protests at Petland.

I do not live in the city where this Petland is, but I am thinking of contacting the city officials about shutting this place down. Also, I am thinking about starting a blog about the dangers of these places. But it has to be a blog with high traffic.

I would encourage others to start blogging about puppy mills & pet stores, like Petland, who sell these puppies. Anyone who lives in the vicinity of a newspaper owned by Gannett (the largest newspaper company in the US, owner of USA TODAY & several overseas papers) can go to the website of one of these papers & set up a blog. I'm sure other newspapers around the country do this too. They want people out their blogging, as it drives traffic to their site & since print is dying, they love the blogs - and you don't have to be a reporter.

The other thing I want to say about this Petland -- They are ACCEPTING unwanted dogs & cats - yep that's right just drop your pet off & they will sell it to someone else! I checked it out!! Why would you expo your pet to parvo & disease??!! Here's the thread I posted about it earlier this mth http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/gen...nted-pets.html
yorkiesmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!