View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 09:14 AM   #5
AvyQuinn
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvLucy View Post
It is sad, but true that there are children out there who do things like this.

My son was a cop for 9 years. One day, while on patrol, a kitten ran out in front of his patrol car, closely followed by 4 boys carrying baseball bats. He stopped the car and got out. The kitten crawled up his leg and my son put it inside his shirt against his kevlar. Not one of these boys was over 9 years old, but they planned to catch and kill this little kitten who was not old enough to be away from his mother.

My son put the boys in his patrol car and took each one home and told each one's parents what he'd been up to. Each of the child's parents was horrified and each was severely punished - but I often wonder what they've done since then.

The kitten became "Buddy", my son's tag along best friend. Buddy had to be put to sleep 2 years ago after becoming seriously ill. My son was devastated by Buddy's loss, and held him in his arms while he was PTS. He still carries Buddy's picture in his wallet.

It paints a sorry picture of this world, doesn't it?
Thank you for that story. There's lots of kind hearted people left in this world... sometimes they're just hard to find. My husband is a cop too and if I let him bring home all the strays he finds we'd have no room for *us* in our house. lol

It's really sad there are so many unwanted animals out there and too many kids with too much time on their hands with lots of parents (but not all parents) who don't care one way or the other.

Stories like this just reinforce the fact that I never want to bring a human child into this world.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!