View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 06:25 AM   #1
Breezeaway
No Longer a Member

Default [News] Homegrown, White House-Caliber Pups Make TV Debut!

Ahead of the curve as usual, we first discovered breeder Denise Ronayne’s well-mannered Yorkshire terrier pups almost two years ago.

This morning, just when we thought that we (and the rest of America) had reached cute puppy overload, we got word from Ronayne that the she and her Yorkies will make their national television debut this weekend when they star on Animal Planet show Dogs 101 (Saturday 11/15 at 8 p.m. and Sunday 11/16 at 7 p.m.).
But Ronayne’s hopes for her cuddly canines stretch beyond television stardom: She’d like for one of her Yorkies to be the new First Dog.
“The Animal Planet producer and I are very hopeful that Obama’s family will watch the show because we believe one of our dogs would be a perfect fit,” she says. “Someone like Obama could get any show dog out there, but I don’t think that’s who he is. And I’ve heard that one of his daughters is allergic, which makes Yorkshire terriers ideal because they have hair, not fur.”
Continues the enthusiastic Ronayne, “What an honor it would be for us at Country Home Yorkies—and even for the state of Massachusetts—to give the first family a Yorkshire terrier!”

Bostonista - Boston Magazine
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bos_pups.jpg (10.3 KB, 356 views)
Breezeaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!