View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 08:52 AM   #1
Breezeaway
No Longer a Member

Default [News] Woman returns Yorkie puppy to owner, gets no reward

By CHRISTINA DeNARDO
Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
Friday, November 07, 2008
PALM BEACH GARDENS — Louie, the 10-month-old Yorkie who was stolen along with his owner's loaner car earlier this week, has been reunited with his owner.
A woman claiming she knew who the car thief was and Louie's location called the pet's owner, Jennifer Aguilar, Friday afternoon claiming she could get her dog. Aguilar, who placed a quarter-page ad in The Palm Beach Post offering a $5,000 reward for the dog's return earlier this week, said the woman saw the ad and wanted the reward money.
The two met at a West Palm Beach restaurant Friday afternoon, and the woman handed over the dog. But Aguilar did not have the cash on hand so the two women and the yorkie got into Aguilar's car and drove to a bank in Palm Beach Gardens. Once inside the bank, Aguilar told the teller about the situation and the teller advised her not to hand over the money and then called the police.
"The cops won't let me give her the money," said Aguilar. "I feel bad because I really wanted to give her the $5,000, but being that she is a link to the crime it might interfere with the investigation."
The woman told Aguilar that she was going to split the money with the people involved in the car theft, which netted the thieves thousands of dollars in property . Aguilar said she had left a $3,000 Louis Vuitton purse containing $2,000, a pair of $600 glasses and a $400 dog leash.
Video of Theft
Attached Images
File Type: jpg louie.jpg (28.5 KB, 114 views)
Breezeaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!