View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 04:45 PM   #1
crb
Luvin' 6 Yorkies
Donating Member

Default Awesome Portrait

As some of you may remember we lost our precious Taffy on July 13th to Yorkshire Terrier Encephalitis, she was just a month shy of her 3rd birthday. Some of you may not know but Taffy was a puppy from one of Prissie and Miko's litters. She was Kosmo's littermate, I lost Kosmo on March 2, 2007 at 18 months old to the same disease. Sebastian is the only remaning puppy from that litter and we watch him like a hawk, he belongs to a good friend of mine as well and I do get to see him often.

Well, Gayla (Layla's Mom) and I wanted to give Suzy (Taffy's owner and a very good friend of ours) something to remind her of Taffy. So we had a friend of my nieces do a charcoal drawing of Taffy and we presented it to her today. Suzy owns the only dog boutique in town and she immediately hung it on her wall. She absolutely loved the portrait, he really captured her spirit.

The artist name is Gary Villarreal, he is 19 years old and is going to a Jr. College right now. I think he did an awesome job. I've attached a picture of the finished portrait and the original picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Awesome Portrait-taffys-portrait-600-x-800-.jpg   Awesome Portrait-taffy.jpg  
crb is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!