View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 04:31 PM   #7
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

I feed just raw and rotate through flavors. If cost is an issue though, that is certainly understandable - and kibble would stretch the dollar, that's for sure.

You can also feed kibble/canned (grain free) with the raw if you/they like. There is absolutely no physiological reason whatsoever to NOT feed them together. The stomach does not recognize things as raw or non-raw. Something enters the stomach and is recognized as a carb, fat, protein, or toxin - the corresponding enzyme is released (there is NO raw vs. non-raw enzyme ). The chyme churns. When any portion of the contents are ready to move on, they're pushed into the small intestine for for further processing. The intestine, which is also a dynamic organ - moves things along as they are further broken down.

Contrary to what other message boards out there say, stomach contents and raw/non-raw contents do NOT stay in one large clump together, proceeding through the digestion process. That is simply not true. So if you read that "raw/non-raw can't be fed together bc it will ferment" - that is pure hogwash. The body does not work that way. Do we eat sushi rolls, which is raw and non-raw together? Yes. Same concept.

This is a really important myth to dispel bc it gets at the very basics of understanding digestion. I don't know where this myth started, in terms of raw w/ non-raw - but I see it everywhere and it's so frustrating. I'm going to eat a brownie now. And now that I think of it, I underbaked it a bit - so it's raw and non-raw, LOL!

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!