View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 05:13 PM   #5
conbotas
Yorkie Talker

Star Mesa

I was in Mesa about a month ago on business, I travel to Phoenix often No reputable breeder would release a pup at 5 1/2 weeks...def only after money. I see the same happening here in Mexico all the time. They will show you pictures they download off the net and the pup you get is entirely different than what you get later. Obviously, this did not happento me, but several veterinarian friends here have had that happen to them. They resell the yorkies and usually have the client come back 6 months later with a giant yorkie who was supposed to be a 'teacup/tiny/mini' your choice of little-word lol. Nothing wrong with a 15 or 20 pound yorkie except he looks more like a french poodle with brown hair lol.

My Chester was a father of 3 beautiful pups 5 days ago. He was bred with Bella, this was their 2nd litter. A week before Bella gave birth, I removed a tick on Chester and noticed his bleeding wouldn't stop. Lab tests showed elevated protein levels, low hemoglobin count and he tested positive for ehrlichiosis, which is a tick-borned disease. We had recently gone hiking and I suspect he caught it there as there is no dirt in my home. My vets concured on giving him tetracycline to treat the bacterial infection, however, this caused a nodular episcleritis in his eye, which is one of the side-effects of tetracyclines. It was either this or let the bacterial infection kill him. Due to the episcleritis, he lost an eye, but the rest of him is okay. I call him my loving little pirate The positive in all of this: this litter brought me 2 boys and 1 girl, all perfectly healthy and getting rounder by the minute! His first litter was one beautiful boy who my best friend kept in Denver. He turned out to be a gorgeous yorkie, 6 pounds at a year old, gold and blue like his mom. Dad is tan and blue.

I am also in search of a good, reputable breeder here in Arizona as most breeders in Mexico (where i currently reside) are not ethical at all in their breeding standards and will breed sons with mothers without giving it a 2nd thought. I've also looked at several breeders in AZ and have had no luck so far, but I am hopeful! But I know the right little guy is out there and I am willing to wait

Yes, I am looking for a male to breed and possibly show.

My horror story: I went to a breeder's home about two months ago on the outskirts of Northern Tucson and was shocked to see more than 150 puppies caged, about 20 to a cage, separated by size. There was a poor little girl shaking in one corner, tiny little thing, with what looked like a neurological disease. After I pointed to the little girl to the owner, he stated she was not sick, but was just nervous. She appeared to have late stages of distemper to me...She did NOT look nervous at all. This was a puppy mill breeder if I ever saw one. I called the humane society and reported them so they could investigate and they did and fined the shop and confiscated some of the pups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniesmom68 View Post
Hello,
I recently moved to Mesa Arizona (outside of Phoenix) I brought my female Yorkie with me. My boyfriend has her sister. Who is beautiful. I have some experience in Breeder a pair of Yorkies from the past..I just enjoyed having pups. We have been talking about adding a little boy to our family maybe breed his little girl. I really want to find a male with good qualities. So if we do decide to breed..The pups would be great quality..
I havent had much luck in the Phoenix area. When i have found someone . There is limited Registration. I understand ..I wouldnt want my Yorkie pups to go to a Puppy Mill Breeder. I went to look at a pup the other day. The breeder had been breeding for 17yrs and was gonna sell me a 5 1/2 week old pup..I was shocked..I have went to several people with Yorkie pups since i moved here in April and i couldnt believe the poor quality. Half didnt look like Yorkies..I am sure there is a Breeder that will meet my needs..I am just excited about getting a little boy for our family..
Are you looking to Breed this male? If i find someone reputable i will let you know.I have been looking since the beginning of April..
Good Luck
Gina
Mesa, Az

Last edited by conbotas; 05-21-2008 at 05:16 PM.
conbotas is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!