View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 08:46 AM   #5
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLizzie View Post
She was given medication for coccidia "just in case", which she still has probably 4 days or so left to go on that med. She was also given Flagyl (for the diarrhea I think?) which I think today is her last day taking that. But the diarrhea isn't going away.

She was eating Purina Puppy Chow and Cesar's canned food at the breeder's. When I first got her I started feeding her Cesar's and Science Diet, but when the diarrhea started I got the Purina and have been since feeding her mostly Purina with a little Science Diet, and Cesar's once a day (she eats the dry food a little but I'm afraid she's not eating enough since she sort of seems to pick at it, which is why I still give her the Cesar's).
The problem is probably the dog foods. Those foods are mainly grain (corn) and are not easily digested. I highly recommend you get her on a high quality dog food. There is much information on here about the different quality dog foods available. I feed Canidae and Chicken Soup Puppy. You can visit http://dogfoodanalysis.com for information on dogs foods. Most people use the 5 star foods. If her diarrhea continues you can give her a teaspoon of plain canned pumpkin twice a day and that should help firm up her stools. I hope she gets better soon.
bjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!