View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 12:03 PM   #81
Brooklynn
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
The more I hear about all this 'enhancing' the more disappointed I feel. I know it goes on but I feel that is very sad in the fact when you look at a beautiful Yorkie you really don't know if the colors are real. I used at admire Yorkies with beautiful rich gold and now I am finding out that many are 'enhanced' to just make them appear to have the correct color. When I hear of someone being disqualified because their dog is too light, well, the next time that dog goes in the ring it might be the correct color or any white it might have on its chest or chin could just be covered up. It appears that the lighter dogs are easier to correct than a nice darker dog that just might not be breaking or clearing until later. When you see a beautiful dog you wonder 'is it natural or just a great dye job'. I know if I am going to show and be competitive then I better get used to it and maybe start learning some of the 'tricks of the trade'. In fact, this thread has been informative and I think I know some of the 'tricks' now. Thank you all so much!
Have you ever considered changing breeds to show? Find a breed that won't involve ehancing.....maybe a black lab or a golden retriever because I don't find many breeds that people don't enhance....even beagles have to be chalked or bichons being chalked the list goes on...sorry Barb but any breed you get into with the exception of a one color dark breed it's gonna go on.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!