View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 03:29 PM   #11
mypreciouspups
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalina82 View Post
its possible. those values can have a connection to diet in some cases.

"Conditions that lead to malnutrition (such as celiac disease) or are caused by a lack of nutrients in the diet (such as scurvy) can cause low ALP levels."

" Increased BUN levels suggest impaired kidney function. This may be due to acute or chronic kidney disease, damage, or failure. It may also be due to a condition that results in decreased blood flow to the kidneys, such as congestive heart failure, shock, stress, recent heart attack, or severe burns, to conditions that cause obstruction of urine flow, or to dehydration. BUN concentrations may be elevated when there is excessive protein catabolism (breakdown), significantly increased protein in the diet, or gastrointestinal bleeding (because of the proteins present in the blood).'
so the food is probably to high in protein then.. any ideas what I can change him to... he has lost weight over months.. since I put him on the td.. but the vet wanted him to lose 1/2 a pounds as he was 4 pounds and for his frame he needed to be less as he has lp... so any food suggestions would be great.. problem is I am in florida in the winter and ontario in the summer.. so to get a food I can get in both places is really what I need to find..thanks so much for you help.. anne
mypreciouspups is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!