View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 10:04 PM   #15
HighlandYorkies
DEBRA'S DORKY YORKIES4
Donating Member

Love

ROXI IS LOVELY....VERY CUTE ! ..What a lovely face she has !!!

You will find that since she has missed doses, that it isn't built up in her system like it would have been....so it will take another dose when it's due to really kick in....but I think you are doing the right thing in taking her to get the once over in the morning....remember to tell the vet your concerns about the medication she is on, and why you stopped it for a while, and what she was like off it...ie. all the face scrubbing.....
He might try her on another medication if he thinks it would be better, but he will be pleased you checked with him.
Oh I am a trained Nurse if you are wondering...a lot of us on here are.....we nurses seem to love Yorkies ! A lot of Nursing stuff translates to animals

She will be aggitated tonight...she is feeling a LOT of pain, but she won't remember it as she is now so doped up....the movements are just because the pain is still there and she hasn't enough drug in her system to put her right to sleep....don't worry - and don't give her any more than she is meant to have....that dose will let her rest now, even if she is still moaning and moving a bit....that is what I would expect
Either phone the vet or take her in, in the morning and ask him loads of questions and get some reassurance.....tell him you were really scared and worried by her obvious pain and ask is she ok.
Go and get some sleep and keep her near you and just stroke her through the night if she is sore....you could try her behind your pillow, but I would be worried in her drugged up state that she might leap out of the bed when she has a jab of pain....so make sure she is safe and secure next to you somehow...maybe a carrier ?
I am off to bed myself, but let us know how she is next time you come on.....
Debra x x x

1. Tammy ill after teeth out and spey
2. Tammy now !
3. pic of my three babies...Tammy 4+ / Casper 5+ / Tara nearly 8
Attached Images
File Type: jpg y P7310159.JPG (55.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg y Tammy 2.jpg (4.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg y 006.jpg (43.8 KB, 3 views)
HighlandYorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!