View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 07:37 AM   #1
milesmom
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Unhappy Don't know what to do??????

On Thursday I took my little guy (Miles) to the groomer, a groomer I have used since we got him. The groomer is great and just loves dogs. When she called to tell me he was ready she said that she is afraid that she cut Miles while she was grooming him. She was so upset, though said it wasnt serious and that he didn't even yelp when it happened, she only found it later as she was brushing him out. I went to get him, and he was very happy, wagging his tail, etc. I looked at the cut and it didn't seem serious at all. We put a salve on it, and I took him home. He seemed ok at first but then started rubbing his face on the floor and started crouching real close to the ground with his tail between his legs (he only does this when he is afraid or in pain). He ran into his crate and stayed in there most of the afternoon. I called the vet, told them what happened and they said to put Neosporin with painkiller on the cut and he should be fine. I did that, but later that night he did the same thing again, and this time was licking at his chest. I looked and found another cut (very small) under his arm. Now, he did have a lot of mats when I took him in because I was traveling and my hubby is not as good at brushing him as I am, so that may explain the small cuts.

Anyway, it is two days later and he still does his frightened "dance" and is still running to his crate. If I take him out of the crate, he shakes terribly. I think he is traumatized? I don't know what to do. I am worried about him, but I don't think taking him to the vet would help because there doesn't appear to be anything physically wrong with him, other than the two small cuts, which are healing nicely. Does anyone have advice? He acts normal one minute and the next minute he is running with tail between the legs and hiding in his crate. If I ask him if he wants to go out, he becomes normal, excited and happy and goes out. But once inside, he starts the wierd walk and ends up back in the crate. He won't go to his dish and eat at all, but if I hand feed him, he eats fine, so his appetite is ok, he is just too scared to come out and eat. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
milesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!