View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 04:06 PM   #1
JosieBishop
Yorkie Yakker

Question New Mommy with Potty Questions

I am a new mommy to a sweet baby girl - 12 weeks. We've only had her a week and she's brought some much joy to our home already! I've never owned a pet other than fish so everything is so new to me. I think she is adjusting well. We keep her in a crate at night, and in an ex-pen while we are at work. My main question is - will she EVER stop shredding her puppy pad, and do you think she is eating/swallowing the pad or just chewing it up? Is this just a puppy thing that we have to deal with? I bought a puppy pad holder, and that only keeps her from dragging it all around the ex-pen. Also, I noticed that when she has a bowel movement, she stands on her hinds legs, holding onto the crate with her front paws, and looking back at what comes out. It's actually kinda cute to see her do this. She urinates squatting. I'm concerned that when she's finally able to roam the house, she won't know "how" to go to the bathroom without leaning on the ex-pen. We plan to keep her on puppy pads vs. going outside. Any advice or insight in appreciated. Thanks.
JosieBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!