Thread: question
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 11:25 AM   #7
luzangela428
Maximus "Lily's Love Slave"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatumsMom
I feel like I need to doge the flamethrowers right now but... I really don't see a problem with your baby staying alone from 10 to 4:30. If you are crate training, I think they get used to the time limits you set. I think sometimes there's a little bit too much concern about never leaving your pup alone. I know that Tatum just naps in her kennel all day. My husband works from home but also travels most of the day sometimes for work too. Sometimes Tatum is out all day lounging around in his office with him and sometimes she's in her kennel for a good 5-7 hour stretch. She seems to be none the worse for wear because of this. She gets lots of love when we get home and I think that's the most important part. But if you're concerned about her age.... we got Tatum at 9 weeks and she was alone for long stretches from the beginning. Of course my husband tried to be home to let her out more often when she was real little but that's what crate training is all about. We have no accidents in the crate but she's also not crated for 10 hour stretches.

All I'm saying is that you have to do what you can do but please don't let people make you believe that you're a bad person if you don't have a sitter constantly so your baby is not too lonely. You'll do what's best for you and your pup.
I don't believe that anyone was trying to make anyone feel bad about anything..BUT I also don't think it is the best thing for a young puppy to be alone for long stretches, but sometimes it is the ONLY option..I think it is VERY responsible of to have someone go by even for 15 minutes to spend time with her puppy...no one was criticizing anyone as a pet owner
luzangela428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!