View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 05:55 AM   #12
rachelfraim
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Hi & welcome to YT! I have two pups - Kodah is turning 6 months next week & Stormy 5 months next week. I'll have to admit that both of mine have been fairly easy to potty train outside. The first two to three weeks, I felt like that is about ALL I was doing. Immediately in the morning & after their naps, I always took them out & praised them while they were going. Anytime they were up & playing, I never let them go more than 45 min. to an hour without taking them out again. I am at home all day, so it made CONSISTENCY easier for me. Everytime I would take them out, I said "go outside & potty" & then while in the grass, I would continue to say "go potty" until they did. Even during the rain, I would take the big umbrella outside & stand with them until they went. Also, mine do not have free roam of the house. They are confined to our large family room & tiled kitchen (which is where I am 95% of the day) & sleep in a playpen next to our bed. I hope this helps a little - CONSISTENCY was the key for me & those first few weeks seemed like an eternity when you are constantly looking & watching & taking them out so often, but IT WILL pay off!!!!!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!