Thread: Benny
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2005, 01:18 PM   #10
YorkieinBe
Senior Yorkie Talker

I am not really sure what happened. It's kind of a long story....

We brought him home on Sun. Our friends bought his brother (who is happy and healthy...and a bit of a BRAT! LOL). I noticed he had diarreah, din't think much of it but wanted to get him checked out. We took him and his brother to the vet on Mon. morning. They checked out ok, neg. for worms, all seemed good to go. They both got their first puppy shot and we were on our way.
We stopped by the store to pick up new puppy toys, Benny poo'd and went to sleep. We got home, he seemed ok. Slept for a bit, thought it was because of the long day. We even went outside that evening and he was playing and chasing my daughter around the yard. This picture was taken that evening, he was getting ready for the 4th.
On Tues. I took him outside first thing, he seemed ok, but a little sleepy. By Tues. afternoon he wouldn't walk, wouldn't eat, would barely move. I found a couple of worms in his poo. We took him to the vet Tues. evening and the vet said it was the worms causing him to be sick. He gave him a shot for the worms, a shot for the diarreah, and a shot for the dehydration. We brought him home expecting him to be better within 24 hrs.
Wed morning I got up and he was worse. My husband took him back to the vet, and they put an IV in him and kept him there to watch him. They called around 4 pm Wed and said he didn't make it.
We learned a very hard lesson. We bought him from a place that was recommended to us from several people, come to find out it's just like any other pet store. The pups come from mills. We were lead to believe it was different here because the laws are so much more strict here. We were wrong.
We found a breeder in the local area for the new puppy. We are much more knowledgeable this time. I know I'll be a nervous wreck the first few weeks after we get the new baby!!
Thanks for the prayers and well wishes! It is hard but looking forward to the new one makes it a little bit easier!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC001881.jpg (47.2 KB, 38 views)
YorkieinBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!